We were established in 2002 by a group of parents who had a loved one with a disability to help families plan for the future and ensure their relative could live their best life. Since then, Equal Futures has been on a journey to end the social isolation of individuals and families through our Circles of Support model and more informally through Volunteer befriending and social opportunities.
We currently support people across 10 Local Authorities and have big ambitions to reach more people who would benefit from our unique support model. We take pride in being a member organisation to ensure people with learning disabilities are at the heart of everything we do. We operate as a registered Scottish charity within the Thera Group of companies.
Everyone has friendships which are based on kindness, compassion and respect.
To work alongside people with learning disabilities to reduce loneliness and social isolation.
• We are committed to positive relationships
• Making a sustainable difference
• Social inclusion for everyone
Equal Futures has a well-established Board of Trustees with a range of skills and backgrounds. We are seeking to appoint three new Trustees and welcome applications from all social groups including people with a learning disability.
Skills and Knowledge
We are particularly keen to attract people with any of the following skills or knowledge:
• Lived experience of learning disability
• Scotland’s Health & Social Care sector
• Volunteer Recruitment & Retention
• Passionate about equality
• Established networks in the field of social care; social inclusion; statutory or voluntary sectors; fundraising
• Comfortable communicating with a range of audiences
• Willingness and drive to work with others to make a lasting difference
• Able to commit appropriate time to bi-monthly Board meetings, including preparation and following up on agreed actions, of approximately 9 days per year
• Awareness and interest in the needs & rights of families and individuals with learning disabilities and ASD