Covid-19 presents a challenge to all of us; we miss our normal day to day routines and we miss spending time with the people who are important in our lives.
Thera supports adults with a learning disability, who are some of the most vulnerable people in our society and are at higher risk of contracting Covid-19. Keeping people safe means not being able to visit family or spend time with other people doing the things they like to do, which has implications for people’s mental and physical health and wellbeing.
Our key workers are doing an amazing job of supporting our #StayHomeHeroes to continue their day to day lives as normally as possible – and now we need your help.
Thera’s vision is that people with a learning disability can be leaders – both in the way they live their life and inspire others in their community. We’ve set up Thera Connex to support people with a learning disability and help keep them connected during Covid-19 and beyond.
Thera Connex aims to help people supported by Thera in a number of ways, with the funds being used to:
- Access arts and crafts materials that can help people express and manage their feelings in creative ways
- Access tools and technology, for example to keep people connected or to help people learn new skills online
- Provide accessible information and practical guidance on how to use technology and other tools to stay in touch with family and friends
How your donation will make a difference
Every £1 donation counts! Please help us by donating or sharing with your family, friends and colleagues.
- £15 could fund one craft box for someone we support
- £50 could purchase a range of exercise equipment to keep people healthy and active
- £150 could buy a tablet, suitable for a range of activities to help keep people safe and well whilst at home