Unity Works supports people with a learning disability to gain skills, achieve qualifications and secure jobs, so they can reach their full potential.
We run free adult learning courses in Greenwich for people with a learning disability wanting to develop self-confidence, to learn new skills and to improve their understanding of their local community – how to access services, facilities and opportunities, so that they can make positive decisions about their lives.
Details for our Autumn programme can be found below.
From August 2023:
- Computer Basics – Reducing digital isolation, making the use of IT and technology more accessible. This course will also look to improve basic skills and increasing independent use of technology.
From October 2023:
- Understanding and Managing Different Relationships – Highlighting and opening discussions around friendships and the challenges that people with a learning disability might encounter.
- Digital World: Skills for Work – Reducing digital isolation and improving skills required for employment. This course will focus on the various Microsoft programmes.
- Lets Talk Searching and Working – Developing and sustaining good mental health including managing emotions and mindfulness tips when looking for work.
- My Career/Employability Drop In – Developing CVs, networking skills and using social media to apply for jobs.
- Confidence in the Community – Developing skills to feel safe and confident in the local community. How to understand the London transport system. Learn how to plan and prepare for travel and what to do if you get lost.
For more information contact Suzanne Thomson at email@example.com.