Thera South West is a non-profit organisation working in Devon, Torbay, Dorset (including Poole and Bournemouth) and Wiltshire, supporting adults with a learning disability. It is a trading subsidiary of Thera Trust which is a registered charity.
We are looking for local people in our areas with the skills and dedication to support our executive team to run the company. You will help us to continue our work in supporting people with a learning disability and to develop our strategy for the future.
You will bring the following:
- Believes in our vision and wants to help make sure the vision is lived every day.
- Has experience in social care and learning disability from having worked in adult social care.
- Will have a shared passion to help the company evolve and succeed.
- Will be supportive yet challenge our thinking.
- Can commit to a minimum of 8 days a year plus be able to have the time for communications /advice in between board meetings (4 board meetings, 1 AGM, 2 fundays, staff awards ceremony).
In addition, it would be desirable if you:
- In addition, could be available and able to chair one of our committees which meet quarterly – we currently need a Health and Safety chair so are seeking someone with experience/interest in this area.
- Has board level or committee experience