Unity Works Social Enterprises continues to act on the advice from bodies such as Public Health England (PHE), HM Government, the NHS, the Care Quality Commission and the World Health Organisation.
The latest guidance means that Unity Works has made the following decisions:
- Mill Lane Garden Centre. From Wednesday 20th May, Mill Lane Garden Centre will reopen under strict social distancing measures. We will be open from 10.00am – 3.30pm every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday until further notice.
- MailOut. From Wednesday 20th May, MailOut will begin fullfilling orders for current customers.
- Social Enterprise Cafes. All social enterprises cafes are closed until further notice. We are keeping our customers up to date with any changes.We have launched a comprehensive remote programme of learning to all those training across our social enterprises cafes including:
- Allergen awareness training
- Barista skills
- Culinary skills (including cooking classes)
- Customer Service training
- Health & Safety
- Warehouse Administration
- We have stopped all face to face employment support. Nevertheless, we continue to support people through alternative methods of support including an online programme including:
- Interview prep
- CV workshops
- Employability workshops
- Benefits advice
- Meditation and Mental Health workshops
- Accessible resources for retaining skills
In case where a person we support is in work, our job coaches are continuing to support them in work.
- All employer engagement work is taking place remotely. We are continuing to provide disability awareness training and advice via video conference/over the phone.
- We have stopped face to face Adult Community Learning and Health & Wellbeing courses. We have launched an online programme of training including:
- Social Media Safety
- Cook Together, Eat Together
- Mental Health workshops
- Arts and crafts
More broadly, we are working with people we support who are most vulnerable to access the type of support they require over this difficult period.
If you need more information about these changes, please contact us.