What does a Quality Supporter do?
Being a Quality Supporter is very different to supporting people with their day to day lives. A Quality Supporter is employed to enable a Quality Assessor, who is a person with a lived experience of learning disability, to do their role of Quality Checking.
Tasks that a Quality Supporter may be doing include:
- Enabling Quality Assessors to do their job.
- Working closely with Quality Assessors to find out how they can best support them to develop in their role.
- Working with the Quality Assessor to arrange and then complete the Quality Check process.
- Along with the Quality Assessor, meeting people who have support, and working with the Quality Assessor to record what they see, hear and feel during a Quality Check to make that into a report.
- Attending meetings and learning and development opportunities.
Where do Quality Supporters work?
The Quality Supporter role involves enabling Quality Assessors to meet people in person and online. The Quality Company provide technology to enable you to work from home and remotely. Each Quality Supporter will work with named Quality Assessors. This will mean travelling to carry out any in person Quality Checks. The Quality Company pay for mileage and travel time.
Quality Checks are carried out using a blend of in person and virtual meetings to produce detailed reports about people’s support.
How can I become a Quality Supporter?
If you are interested in becoming a Quality Supporter, you can find current vacancies on our careers portal. Or get in touch for an informal chat.
You can also contact us to see if there are any roles available in your area.