We take a strengths-and-assets based approach, exploring individual skills, abilities, and aspirations to identify the vocation that they want and that fits them best. This is informed by BASE’s Supported Employment Quality Framework
Assessment of Need
At the start of the service our Employment Advisor will meet with the individual (and circles-of-support) to complete a bespoke needs assessment. This explores what support the person needs to access the service and/or in employment.
Aspirations and Vocational Work Profile
Alongside assessment of need, we complete a Vocational Work Profile with the person. This accessible ‘Easy-Read’ tool is designed to help people supported consider vocational options to identify what is the best match for them. It includes:
- My Skills like “using computers” or “customer service”
- Qualifications including past educational attainment/training
- Work History including previous paid/voluntary work,
- Job Preferences like “customer service” or “office work”
- Work preferences such as day/night work, part/full-time, indoors/outdoors
- Workplace support needs including commuting, workplace culture etc
This profile helps individuals visualise the job they want and are motivated to pursue. We then develop together a personal action plan and individually tailored employment pathway. In this way, we ensure that the pathway is shaped by the preferences, strengths-and-assets and aspirations.
Alongside training/skills, we support people to develop their skills and experience including:
- Work placements/tasters arranged with employer-partners
Get in touch to find out if we can support you. Jesamine Murray, Contract Manager – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Osman Maie, Contract Manager – Email: email@example.com
Where We Work
Get in touch to find out if we can support you.
Jesamine Murray, Contract Manager – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Osman Maie, Contract Manager – Email: email@example.com