Being Heard is Thera’s way of empowering and supporting you to say how you feel. It is important to know what you think about things that affect your life.
Being Heard is one of the ways you can have your voice heard at Thera.
Being Heard is Thera’s way of empowering and supporting you to say how you feel. It is important to know what you think about things that affect your life:
- In your home and day to day life – Through the design and delivery of your own support
- In your Thera company – Through staff actively supporting you to express how you feel to your Service Quality Directors and The Quality Company’s Assessors.
- Through Company Membership by having a say in how your Thera Company is directed and managed.
Being Heard is Thera’s plan to make sure that people supported by Thera know about their rights to be listened to and to choose how they want to live their lives.
It is there to make sure that people with a learning disability are supported by their staff to be visible and active in their local communities and are empowered to express their wishes and fulfil their goals in life.
The Service Quality Directors are responsible for running Being Heard in their local company.
This includes regular Being Heard events that bring people together to have fun and create space to chat about things that are important to them. Being Heard events aim to make sure that:
- You feel comfortable that you are listened too
- You understand you are in control of your support
- You have a direct line to our Service Quality Directors
- If you wish to become a Company Member, you are supported too
- Thera maintains its commitment to helping you access your community
If you want to know about your local Being Heard events, contact your Service Quality Director