We have a network of 100+ Employer-Partners who work across multiple sectors (including entertainment, catering, administration, warehousing, catering etc). This enables us to identify and/or create work placements/vacancies aligned to people’s aspirations.
In work support
We are linked and co-located with Local Authority strategic job brokerage teams to help employers take a proactive approach to in-work support.
A dedicated Job Coach will work with the employee and employer to create a ‘Work Place Plan’ detailing the expected support the person will need from the Job Coach with the aim of this reducing over time.
Support may be daily or weekly initially however once arrangements are stable, this input may reduce to a minimum of once per month. The Job Coach will be available to employee/employer by phone/video/email/in-person or whatever means is accessible to provide ongoing support. This can involve:
- Initial shadowing to help the person understand the role and workplace environment/culture
- Advice, guidance and signposting for personal issues that may affect work
- Mediating in disputes
- Updating Workplace Plan (e.g. increasing input)
- Identifying useful resources/response strategies
- Supporting with Access to Work applications
- Identifying reasonable adjustments to the workplace and practice.
Our offer includes:
- Supporting employers to attain ‘Disability Confident’ status
- Identifying ‘reasonable adjustments’ to facilitate working
- Working with employers to carve out specific roles
- Applying for ‘Access to Work’ funding to ensure people have the in-work support that they need
- Adapting organisation’s policies and processes to be more inclusive.
- Providing ongoing in-work support, to both employer and employee, promoting sustainment and have career progression
Are you an employer looking for support to obtain Disability Confident status?
Are you looking to adapt your internal policies and procedures to ensure they are fit for purpose in recruiting and retaining people with a learning disability?